Trucks: A New FMCSA Team Will Fight Abusive Leasing Practices
Lorem fistrum por la gloria de mi madre esse jarl aliqua llevame al sircoo. De la pradera ullamco qué dise usteer está la cosa muy malar.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) announced the new team that is part of the Truck Leasing Task Force (TLTF) that was created by Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg.
This team is on a special mission: “it will evaluate leasing agreements in the industry and their potential financial and safety impact on owner-operators. TLTF is established as a statutory committee under the authority of Section 23009 of the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA), Pub. L. 117-58 (2021), pursuant to the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA) , as amended, 5 USC App. 2”, reports the agency.
The goal of the TLTF is to bring an intense focus to improving practices and to help drivers assess the impacts of leases before they enter into them. In addition, they will provide recommendations based on the changes in the laws and will seek, together with the drivers, to reach fair agreements.
“At a time when our country needs truckers more than ever, we must do everything we can to support the men and women who work in this vital industry”, said US Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg. “The Truck Leasing Task Force is taking a hard look at leasing agreements as part of our effort to ensure that all truck drivers in this country have good working conditions and can earn a living”, Buttigieg continued, posting the FMCSA.
Among the nine members are carrier representatives, consumer protection staff, attorneys and more. Those who were named are:
• Tamara Brock, Brock Logistics, LLC and Lewis & Lewis Logistics, LLC (Independent Owner-Operator)
• Paul Cullen, The Cullen Law Firm, PLLC (Attorney)
• Troy Hawkins, TTOH Consulting & Logistics, LLC (Independent Owner-Operator)
• Jim Jefferson, Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association (Consumer Protection)
• Joshua Krause, OTR Leasing, LLC (business)
• Kaitlyn Long, International Brotherhood of Teamsters (Labor Organization)
• Steve Rush, Carbon Express Inc. (Carrier)
• Lesley Tse, Counsel, Getman, Sweeney & Dunn, PLLC (Attorney)
• Steve Viscelli, Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania (economic sociologist)
For more information about the TLTF or for questions you can write to email@example.com